Sunday 9 September 2012

2 weeks down 10 to go - for this round :)

Wow another week has finished and we are about to begin week 3!!!

I am feeling quite good and motivated tonight although I can't say that about the week I have had!  It definitely wasn't as good as week 1 but I am still happy with myself because instead of giving up completely and waiting until "Monday" to start again I just refocused that day and continued to try and make better choices.

My problem from the beginning of the week was my lack of planning.  I organised my week so well for week 1 but this last week I ran out of time to do it properly last weekend so it just didn't work out.  Plus i struggled from the beginning of the week (Monday and Tuesday) because I had my course in the city.  I started off well but then all my old excuses and worries came flooding back and I went off the rail.  My fear is when I am in situations like my course of working and I don't have the freedom to eat whenever I like I worry that I am going to not eat enough and start to feel sick and may even faint.  Silly I know because its not like I'm starving myself but a similar thing has happened to me in the past.  It was when I was doing a job as a camera operator.  I rocked up to the job early afternoon to set up and I was expecting we would get fed before the show started.  But this never happened.  So that evening while I was filming I was communicating to the director, who was side stage of the theater, and I started to feel very faint and I asked him to bring me a drink asap, well shortly after I said that I did in fact pass out in front of the whole audience, very embarrassing .  I was fine, but it was obviously dehydration.  So since then I have always made sure I can eat wherever I'm going or I have a big meal beforehand.

So I wasn't too bad during the day of my course, however I would have gone over my 1200 calories, but I was still relatively ok with my eating.  Until...  Tuesday night came along and I finished my course at 5 in the city and had to rush back, pick up kids and go to calisthenics until 10.30.  ( I think I mentioned this in my wednesday weigh in post)  So again the fear came over me and I didn't want to just have a salad for dinner because I was worried I wouldn't "last" on just something healthy like that, so I went for the only thing I knew (which is terribly bad),  fast food crap (Hungry Jacks to be exact).  And yes I do admit it was sooooo yummy, but at the same time I felt so very guilty and sick at the same time.

But the new me woke up Wednesday morning and started fresh again :) 
That is until Saturday!!!  I was working (filming calisthenics) all day from 8am to 11pm.  I started off well by eating porridge (instead of McDonalds like I normally do on my way to filming) and then for a snack I had sultanas and a banana (instead of chocolate and chips). But then in the afternoon once again I started to have this doubt of being hungry and sleep so I got some food from the bar there.  I felt like calamari and thought it just came with salad but it came with chips and I just couldn't resist.  Naughty me I know.  But I feel I am slowly changing, slowly making better choices and not giving up just because I had one bad meal.

Today I woke up feeling all refreshed and ready to start a new day and I had a great day.  Ate well and took my son on a bike ride and kicked the footy around with him, great bonding time with my son.

So that's another week gone and now I should get some sleep so I'm all refreshed once more and ready to go for another session doing the Thousand Steps in the morning!!!


*Below pictures are a copy of my meal plan and exercise plan.  I know they could be better but already I feel so much more organised than I have ever been thanks to Michelle Bridges :)



No comments:

Post a Comment