Thursday 9 August 2012

New Diet, New Lifestyle

There are many addictions out there. Alcohol, gambling, smoking etc. My addiction is Food! I can't get enough of it, and mostly bad food too. To the point where if I am hungry and there isn't food nearby I then start getting frustrated and irritated. I also then start stressing that if I don't get food now I'm going to start getting really hungry where I start to feel sick and light headed. I never want to reach that point so I always make sure I always have food available to me, even if it's the wrong foods.

I don't know if this whole stress with food has come from different experiences in my life. One being, when I was early 20s I did this filming job as a camera operator. That particular day I didn't eat or drink very much. During the filming I felt not right and fainted. I was the only camera operator!! So at one stage they got the shot of the camera tilting upwards, obviously at the time I had fallen to the ground. It was highly embarrassing. I was just dehydrated. But I always think if only I had eaten something or had been drinking more water then that wouldn't have happened.

Also another reason for my bad eating lifestyle is all throughout my teenage years I was withdrawn and depressed. I turned to food to fill that happiness I was lacking in life. So now I turn to food for all emotional reasons whether I'm stressed, sad, happy, excited! I always come up with a reason why I deserve to "treat" myself.

I desperately need to kick that habit.
Last time I spoke about lite n easy. That is a great program and the food was yummy but I just felt like 1. It wasn't that flexible and 2. It didn't really suit if you had a young family to feed also.

So I have now just joined up with the program of Michelle Bridges 12WBT!
I've only just started the preseason tasks as the round 3 program begins end of August. But so far it is really good. There seems to be a lot of support, from what exactly to do with food and exercise but also emotionally and getting your mind right and changing the way you think and the way you have been doing things for so long.

So starting end August for 12 weeks I'll be really putting everything I have into this program. I've already paid so I really don't want to waste my money and I am really ready to get fit and healthy. I am going to write here most days to keep myself on track.

In the next week or so I'll start posting up my stats and maybe even a picture so I can compare from now and then at the end of the 12 weeks!!

Can't wait to start the program and start getting results and changing my body and mind!!!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment